Terms and Conditions
Eligibility of Membership
- Mask Club Online Members’ Website is open to individuals aged 18 or above (and open to minors if approved and supervised by their parents or lawful guardians), and completing all the registration procedures required by us and a confirmation of registration is given by us.
- At all times, the eligibility for membership is at the sole discretion of Mask Club Limited (“Mask Club”). Mask Club’s classification on the issue of eligibility of an individual for the membership is final and shall not be open to challenge. There shall be no joining fee and Mask Club Online Membership is granted at the sole discretion of Mask Club whose decision on this shall be final and binding on the parties.
- To activate the membership, Member is required to submit information (or identification or other documents as may be required) as specified by Mask Club for verification. Applicant who fails to do so may result in rejection of application.
- You acknowledge and agree that Mask Club may, at its sole discretion, restrict, suspend, withdraw or otherwise alter aspects of or the whole of this Website and the services provided, with or without notice at any time to the Member or Members (as the case may be), except as specifically provided herein.
- If in Mask Club’s sole opinion, that a member abuses any of this Website or his/her privileges, or fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions herein or makes any misrepresentation to Mask Club, Mask Club reserves its full right to terminate the Member’s membership and revoke all the benefits and he/she may have accrued by the Member. Mask Club’s determination shall be final and conclusive.
- Members shall keep proper contact details including a valid email address, mailing address and phone number in his/her member’s account to ensure that all communications can reach you. Members must notify Mask Club immediately of any change of contact details by giving written notice to Mask Club of such changes.
Member Registration and Membership Management
- To access and use your Mask Club Online Member's Account on this Online Member’s Website, you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as required on the Registration Form.
- When you activate your membership, your registered email address will be your Login Name and the system will automatically generate a random password which will be sent to your registered email address by a notification email. We recommend that you would change your password from time to time. We reserve our right not to accept your registration for any reason in our sole discretion.
- As your Password is one of the means by which we identify you and by which you access your Mask Club Online Member’s Account on the Mask Club Online Members’ Website, you shall keep your password secure and you shall not let others to use your Mask Club Online Member’s Account. We shall not be responsible for any unauthorized access to your Mask Club Online Member’s Account due to your failure to keep your password safe and secure. If you discovered that your Mask Club Online Member’s Account was misused by others illegally, please notify us immediately.
Application of Terms and Conditions
- While using this Website, you may engage in activities, or purchasing goods or services organized, offered or promoted by Mask Club. Mask Club will agree with you such other terms and conditions governing the rights and obligations. The terms and conditions herein are not applicable.
- You are cordially invited to join our subscription service whereby upon successful registration, we will send you e-mails alert regarding any update or other information about us or any information contained on or through this Website.
- You agree that we are under no obligation to send you any e-mail alert. We are at liberty to terminate your subscription if you are no longer eligible or for any reason whatsoever. We shall not be liable or responsible in any way should you fail to receive any e-mail alert or if the subscription service is terminated for any reason.
Termination of Membership
- You may terminate your Mask Club Online Membership at any time by email via email@example.com, at which time all your benefits accrued through your membership will also be cancelled.
Personal Data Privacy
Complete Terms and Conditions
Permitted Use and Restrictions on the use of Mask Club Online Members’ Website
- Mask Club Online Members’ Website only intends to be used on a personal, non-commercial basis and you agree to use this Website for such purposes only, and you are solely responsible for all Content whether publicly posted or privately transmitted by you on or through this Website.
- As a condition precedent of your use of this Website, you agree that you shall not use this Website for any unlawful purpose or any other purpose that is prohibited by laws or the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. In particular (but not limited to), you agree not to: -
- trespass, break into, access, use or attempt to trespass, break into, access or use any other parts of our servers, and/or any data areas for which you have not been authorized by us;
- post or transmit any unlawful, fraudulent, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, offensive, or otherwise objectionable or unreasonable content of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or foreign law, infringe any intellectual property rights, proprietary rights or confidentiality obligations of others;
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way exploit any information obtained through this Website for commercial purposes;
- upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way, any component of the Website itself or any content obtained through this Website which is protected by copyright, or other proprietary right, or create derivative works with respect thereto, without our prior written consent;
- directly or indirectly, allow others to use your login name or password;
- transmit, post or upload any content that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful or deleterious programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunication equipment through this Website;
- interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Website or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks;
- attempt to gain any unauthorized access to this Website, Member’s Accounts or Passwords, computer systems or networks connected to this Website, through password mining or any other means;
- We reserve our full rights to access your Mask Club Online Member’s Account and record your access to and use of this Website for ensuring due compliance of the terms and conditions.
Links to Third Party Websites
- To enhance the users’ experience and to provide useful information for the benefit of Mask Club Online Members, we may provide links to other sites or resources (“Linked Sites”). However, as we have no control over the Linked Sites, we do not endorse any product/service appearing on the Linked Sites and we shall not be held responsible for the content of any Linked Site or any links contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to such sites. We do not monitor the contents of the Linked Sites. We are not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the services or the content of any Linked Site.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- This Website is provided by us on an “as is” and “as available” basis. While Mask Club will endeavor to ensure the availability of services of this Website, neither we nor our affiliates make any representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this Website or the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the content or products included on this Website. To the fullest extent as may be permitted by law, we and our affiliates disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to any representation or warranty as to: -
- The availability of the Website or that it will be uninterrupted or error-free or that any errors and defects will be corrected;
- the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any content on this Website;
- the merchantability, standard of quality or fitness for any particular purpose of any product or service available on the Website;
- the use or exercise of reasonable care and skill in providing or delivering any services on or through this Website or the timeliness of services offered or provided on this Website;
- non-infringement of any third party intellectual property rights; and
- the Website being free of computer virus or other harmful elements.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained from or through this Website is done at your own discretion and risk and that you shall be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
You agree that our entire liability and your exclusive remedy with respect to this Website or otherwise, is re-performance of defective services in jurisdictions which do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain types of liability. Our liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law. We do not endorse, warrant or guarantee any material, product or service offered through us or this Website. We are not and shall not be a party to any transaction between you and any third party.
Without limiting any exclusion specifically provided for in these Terms and Conditions we shall in no event be liable for any costs, damages or liability for: -
- the failure, or alleged failure, of any product;
- the breach, or alleged breach, of any warranty, express or implied, relating to any product/service;
- any loss or damage to any such product/service;
- any act or failure to act of any, shipper or other carrier, or any employee or agent thereof; or
- any unauthorized use of this Website or breach of security relating to this Website.
You must exercise and rely solely on your own judgment in using this Website or purchasing or redeeming any products/service. In no event shall we be liable to you or any other person for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including any loss of business or profit, arising out of any use, or inability to use, this Website, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages including without limitation, unauthorized access using your Login Name and Password or transmission of content or any transactions [or reward redemption] request entered into through this Website.
You specifically agree that neither we nor our affiliates shall be responsible or liable for any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal content or conduct of any other party or any infringement of another’s rights, including intellectual property rights. You specifically agree that neither our affiliates nor we shall be responsible for the content sent out using and/or included in this Website by any third party.
Activities organized by Mask Club during its events
Activities organized by Mask Club during its events are designed and arranged contingent to actual circumstances. When you participate to such activities, please follow the instructions of our staff members. Risk of injury is inherent to any type of activities. Before joining those activities, you should first consult medical advice or other advice, and consider other risk factors including your age, physique, health condition, the weather, contents of the activities and facilities. You are deemed to have accepted the risks and responsibilities associated with participating such activities.
We make no representation that materials on this Website are appropriate or available for use in any other jurisdictions, and accessing this Website from locations where its operation are illegal is prohibited. Those who access this Website from other locations do so at their own discretion and are solely responsible for compliance with their laws and rules. You confirm that you have all the requisite approvals for using the Internet and online conduct.
Contents found in Mask Club and this Website may be in the public domain. You expressly agree that you will use the public domain for transmitting or receiving relevant and appropriate information only.
You acknowledge and agree that messages in the public domain and are transmitted instantaneously, Mask Club could not monitor any user-generated content. But Mask Club and its designated person(s) retain their absolute right and discretion (but not obligated to do so) and exercise it to edit, refuse to publish or delete any message or content or any part of it. Without limiting the generality of the aforesaid, Mask Club and its designated person(s) shall have the right to remove and delete contents that are unpleasant or inappropriate, or in violation of this terms and conditions.
You acknowledge and agree that as all contents in the public domain are open to public and non-private communications, your information or messages may be read by third parties without your knowledge. Therefore, you should exercise due care and shall bear all risks before provide any of your personal information in the public domain.
All information transmitted, published, uploaded, posted, circulated by any member or person are personal opinion and individual acts and shall not be deemed as an endorsement by Mask Club. Mask Club shall not be held responsible for the contents in the public domain and any activities organized through the public domain.
Mask Club declares and you acknowledge, that any communications transmitted and activities organized between members through ask Club are initiated amongst members. You shall assume and be responsible for all risks, loss and damages of participating activities organized between members and shall release Mask Club all associated liabilities of such.
Mask Club declares and you agree and acknowledge, that there are dangers of dating/meeting members on the Internet due to possible inappropriate acts and fraud. You agree to exercise due care in dating/meeting members and handling communications and activities between members, and shall release Mask Club all associated liabilities of such.
Modification of Terms and Conditions
Intellectual Property Rights
This Website together with all contents in this Website is Mask Club Limited’s property or is licensed to Mask Club Limited and is protected by copyright, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Our licensors and Mask Club own copyright in the selection, co-ordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. You may not modify, publish, transmit, redistribute, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works of, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, in whole or in part. You may only download such part of the Content if it is expressly permitted by Mask Club to be downloaded from this Website for the use specified and for your personal use only. You shall have no right in or to the content and you will not use the content, except as permitted under the Terms and Conditions.
Except as otherwise expressly permitted by us and the copyright owner by prior written permission and/or under applicable copyright law, no modification, copying, redistribution, uploading, retransmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted.
You agree and acknowledge that by submitting, publishing, uploading and transmitting any message, file, article or record to Mask Club or this Website, you will grant a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free, and non-exclusive licence to Mask Club to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, incorporate, compile, distribute, regrant to third party or create derivative and collective works based on any content (including text, images, music or information) which you submit, post or display on this Website in any manner.
We do not guarantee uninterrupted, continuous or secure access to the website. Part or the entire website may be unexpectedly unavailable for whatever duration and for various reasons that may include system malfunctions and disruptions, Internet access downtime and other technical problems beyond our control for which we cannot and shall not be held responsible. You agree that your use of the website is at your own risk and that you will not hold us responsible for any damage or loss caused by your inability to use the website for any reason whatsoever. We reserve the right to take any part or all of the website offline for various reasons including urgent system maintenance or upgrading, in which case we will try to give you notice in advance if possible.
- In the event that any part of the Terms and Conditions is held to be unenforceable under the applicable law of the Terms and Conditions, the unenforceable part shall be given effect to the greatest extent possible under the law and the remainder of the Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
- No waiver of any breach under these Terms and Conditions will amount to a waiver of any other breach.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong SAR, and the parties relying on the Terms and Conditions shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Hong Kong SAR.
The Terms and Conditions are written in the English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency, the English version shall prevail.
MASK CLUB LIMITED
MASK CLUB LIMITED (“Mask Club” or “the Company”) recognises the importance of personal and data privacy of its customers and treats all personal and private data provided to us as confidential. We pledge to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong (Cap. 486)(“the Ordinance”) and, where possible, internationally recognised standards of Personal Data privacy protection.
The Application of this Policy
This Policy gives effect to Mask Club’s commitment to protect customers’ personal information and has been adopted by the Company and its subsidiaries and representative offices.
This Policy applies to Mask Club or the companies directly owned or controlled by it.
The term “Personal Data” in this Policy refers to personal data which is capable of identifying you as an individual, as defined in the Ordinance.
The Policy applies to all Personal Data and information regarding Mask Club customers, users of the Mask Club mobile application, users of any Mask Club services, customers who purchase or accept the Company’s goods and service as well as visitors to the www.mask.club website.
Personal Data submitted to Mask Club’s Mask Points Rewards Program and Travel Buddies Program or Mask Club’s Online Member Website will also be governed by the rules in this Policy.
Collection, Use and Retention of Personal Data
Prior to collecting Personal Data, you will be asked to voluntarily supply information we need in order to provide the particular service requested. Personal Data may be collected, used, disclosed and retained for: -
- Administering, processing and/or confirming your travel and freight reservations and other transactions with us;
- Verifying your identity and/or improve our security;
- Facilitating your participation in loyalty programs and travel partner programs;
- Accommodating special requests and providing a more personalised level of service;
- Responding to requests for information and services;
- Facilitating communications;
- Conducting market research, market analysis and quality assurance surveys;
- Facilitating direct marketing;
- Facilitating matching with other Personal Data;
- Providing you information regularly, including the information of relevant services or products and details of our latest offers;
- Conducting data analysis enabling us to understand clients’ characteristics and buying habits anonymously, providing or designing other services or products which suit clients’ needs, or assisting us in choosing services or products which our clients may be interested in;
- Designing new relevant services or products of our or our related companies, or for improving the existing relevant services and products;
- Investigating complaints or suspicious transactions, or researching for service improvement of our or our related companies;
- Detection or prevention of crimes, security problems or technical problems;
- Comprehensive behavioral analysis;
- Enforcing the Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to investigating issues which may against the Terms and Conditions;
- Complying with any law, legal or regulatory requirement; and
- Complying with governmental, judicial or administrative direction or order.
We will update our policy and erase your personal data in our possession pursuant to the laws of Hong Kong from time to time. Basically, our policy includes the following principles: -
- Unless the keeping of the abovementioned personal data is required by laws of Hong Kong or foreign laws, or it is in the public interest for such data not to be erased, otherwise your personal data will be kept until the purpose, or the directly related purpose for which the data was collected, is achieved.
- According to the above principle, we will erase your personal data from our storage system after a specific storage period.
Types of Personal Data We Collect
The types of Personal Data that we process include: -
- Your personal details, contact information, passport and visa information;
- Your credit card details, loyalty program membership information and online user account details, profile and password details;
- Any information necessary to fulfill special requests (for example, meal and seat preferences);
- Information relating to the credit of customers;
- Your reviews and opinions about our services; and
- Activity records of Mask Club website visits and usage patterns.
Disclosures and Transfer of Personal Information
We may disclose or transfer (wherever within the Hong Kong SAR or countries or regions not within the Hong Kong SAR) your personal data to/at our offices, affiliates, operations, travel related companies and business partners worldwide and other institutions or organizations like our agents, network administrators, legal institutions, accounting institutions or contractors (including any credit providers or third party collection agencies), banks or other financial institutions who are under a confidentiality duty to us and provide management, data analysis, marketing, research, telecommunications services, network provider, debt collection, credit investigation, payment processing services, accounting services, professional services, legal services or other similar services. We may also disclose or transfer your personal data to any actual or proposed transferees or assignees when a merge or transfer of any of our assets, stock rights or other rights and interests take place, and to collect, use, transfer, retain, disclose, or process personal data for the purposes mentioned in this Policy.
Mask Club reserves the right to disclose any Personal Data and information we hold on you if we: -
- are compelled to do so by a court of law;
- are requested to do so by a governmental entity;
- determine that it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law; or
- determine that it is necessary or desirable in providing services and facilities to you.
We also reserve the right to retain information collected and to process such information to comply with accounting and tax rules and regulations, as well as, for safety and security assessment as Mask Club may deem necessary.
We may also share aggregated demographic information with our business partners, affiliates or other entities. This aggregate information is not linked or traceable to any personally identifiable information about you.
Right of Refusing Direct Marketing and Other Rights
Pursuant to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486), unless we obtained your consent, we will not use your personal data in direct marketing.
If we obtain your consent, we may use your personal data, such as email address, correspondence address, mobile phone numbers, telephone numbers and fax numbers, for delivering publicity materials to you, and we may promote to and inform you our news, offers, promotions, events to be offered by us and our business partners and updated information of various services and products.
If you do not agree or do not want us to use or continue to use your personal data in direct marketing, you can at any time inform us your wish and decision in writing to: -
The Data Protection Officer
We shall not charge you any fee for this request.
You have the rights to:
- Make a request to us for checking whether we are holding your personal data;
- If we are holding such data, make a request for accessing such data;
- If your personal data we holding is inaccurate, you may make a request to us for making the necessary correction to such data;
- Confirm with us our policy from time to time that applies to your personal data, and the type of your personal data we are holding; and
- At any time make a request to us for stop delivering any promotional material to you.
If you want to make any of above requests, please write to: -
The Data Protection Officer
When submitting your request, please include your full name, address and contact number so we can ascertain your identity and attend to your enquiry.
Pursuant to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486), we reserve our right to charge the requestor reasonable administrative fees for complying with data access requests.
The Protection of Personal Data
Mask Club retains Personal Data collected for as long as it may be necessary to fulfill the purpose (including any directly related purpose) which the information was initially collected for.
To maintain the accuracy of your Personal Data, as well as preventing unauthorised access to and ensuring the correct use of your Personal Data, we carry out appropriate physical, technical and administrative protective measures to control and safeguard the collection, access and disposal of the Personal Data we collect. These measures are subject to ongoing review and monitoring. Whilst we make every effort to protect your Personal Data, no security measures can guarantee that your Personal Data and information will not be subject to interference, misuse or hacking. Mask Club shall not be responsible for any loss, misuse or alteration arising as a result of such incidents.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Mask Club website may contain links that will direct users to third party operated sites that are not owned or managed by Mask Club. Personal Data submitted to or obtained by third parties will not be under the protection of this Policy. Mask Club shall not be responsible any loss, misuse or alteration arising from access of any third party operated sites.
Cookies will be used in our website for recording the type of website you are interested in and improve the efficiency of browsing our website. Cookies are small computer files which can be stored in the user’s computer, and it can be used for many aspects, including analyzing Internet users’ using habits and obtaining computer configuration information. But even the Cookies are used in our website, those Cookies will not be used for collecting any personally identifiable information which relates you or identifies you. If you do not want to accept Cookies from our website, you can refuse those Cookies by modifying the relevant Internet setting or browsing setting in your computer system, but you may not able to browse or use certain functions available in our Website if you do so.
This Policy may be modified from time to time. Any changes to this Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the Mask Club website. Use of the Mask Club website following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect.
This Policy shall be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong SAR, and the parties relying on this Policy shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Hong Kong SAR.
The terms in this Policy shall not limit your rights which are protected by the relevant laws of Hong Kong SAR.
In the event that any part of this Policy is held to be unenforceable under the applicable law of this statement, the unenforceable part shall be given effect to the greatest extent possible under the law and the remainder of this statement shall remain in full force and effect.
This Policy is written in the English language and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency, the English version shall prevail.
Mask Club Limited aims at providing quality and comfortable travelling experience, products and services, as well as providing its latest news, offers, promotions, events to be offered by us and our business partners and updated information of various services and products.
Pursuant to the current Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486), providing any of the above information can be considered as direct marketing, and the law of which requires us to obtain your consent before providing such information. Upon your consent, we will use your contact information (like SMS, email or mailing address) to provide the above information and latest offers. We shall never provide your personal data to any third party promoter for direct marketing purpose.
You can withdraw the above consent at any time. We shall not charge you any fee for withdrawing such consent.